Re: Logic Pro 199,- download / Mainstage 2.2

Thanks for the heads up Buznap and Per. Seems like this will be a good
experimental weekend with new mainstage, new Ableton, new Softstep updates.

I'm with you Per. I can't wait for the day that there is a CPU efficient
software that lets you easily switch between effects patches with a midi
command and send those into Mobius/Sooperlooper. Only the effects patch
currently used is using CPU. Allows tails to finish from previous effects
patches….. and if your CPU meter is under 50% then there are no glitches.
Maybe 2012 will be the year!
On Dec 9, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Per Boysen wrote:

> Nice price. I bought the MS 2.2 upgrade yesterday. Nice with a
> overview page for MIDI binding for me when I play the EWI because an
> EWI always sends a lot of simultaneous CC# when you play it and
> therefor you can't send just one specific CC# in order to MIDI learn
> it. This version also supports 4 and 8 core cpu computers so people
> with the 4 core Macbook Pro will get a lot of live juice with MS2. I
> have the 2 core i7 MBP and even with the the new hyperthreading that
> handles 2 cores as 4 cores I'm not finding MS 2.2 as CPU efficient as
> Live 8. But for switching between lots of alternative effect chain
> patches MS wins because Live doesn't offer that at all.
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.perboysen.com
> http://www.youtube.com/perboysen
>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM,  <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> so, there is a new version of Logic Pro 9 available as download from
>> Mac App Store for only 199,- ! It's just the basic SW. But check this
>> out: you can download all the 19GB instruments etc. for free!
>> Mainstage comes as a new version 2.2. (great feature: direct midi
>> mapping without screen controls). Would be interesting how all this
>> performs on multi-core/64bit.
>>
>> best regards
>> Buzap
>> --
>> NEU: FreePhone - 0ct/min Handyspartarif mit Geld-zurück-Garantie!
>> Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone

Todd Matthews
toddbass.com
twitter: gtodd876