Re: Re: LP2 Random Retrigger - Quarter/Quadruple Speed

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, andy butler wrote:

hint...
Would be nice to have a demo that wasn't a layered up studio track,
that would make it easier to to grasp what's going on with the new features.

*
*
*We'll start working on demos  right after Christmas.*
*Why they are not out yet is this:
I literally have had a partially working prototype and only for a short time. It was not in it's final physical form because we had to wait so long for the company who made the extruded aluminum housings, so I didn't want to put a lot of energy into
making a demo of a box that doesn't look like the final product.

*Isn't there a nice demo of 1/2 1/4 speed on you tube somewhere that
really shows how that can be used.
*
the 1/4, quadruple speed works exactly like 1/2, double speed in a DL-4 or EDP.
......no different........

What is so cool about the unit is that you can have 1/2 speed or double speed on once Button
and the 1/4-quadruple speed function on a second Button.

I literally played polyrhtyhmic patterns in this example with two feet using this technique, You can get some wicked effect to then re-sample/loop using this technique, though
it would take your fingers controlling a second looper to accomplish it.

*I couldn't hear the effect *exactly* as described here in the demo (random retrigger) Is it more accurately "jump to Random position and keep re-triggering to it while button
is held down"?
*No,*
*The Random Retrigger works thusly................push Random Retrigger and the looper will begin to play at a randomized
place in the loop,  practically it is completely random.
Everytime you hit Random Retrigger it goes to a different place, but the square wave effect of going from one place in the loop to another causes a kind of ersatz transient in the sound so it makes it very effect to 'play' ostinato rhythmic patterns with your foot whose timbre changes continually every time you press the pedal.

I intended it, specifically to be re-looped another LP-2 or another looper of any brand.

The unit has all these  Retriggering Options

Retrigger (One Shot)     this is identical to a DL-4 retrigger command
Retrigger (Continuous) this Retriggers from the beginning and lets the loop continue on indefinitely (this was specifically put in to let loopers re-'sync' with a live band or with a looper who they are not synchronized with using midi, even though that is also possible with the LP-2
Retrigger (Random)  as explained above.

As soon as BIll and I have saleable LP-2s in our hot little hands, we'll begin making a Video Manual
and be available for questions.   I promise.

Rick Walker
*

andy