Re: How to fix an echoplex footswitch?

I'll buy a bag of the red switches then. Thanks for the help!

On Dec 13, 2011 7:55 PM, "Ted Killian" <tedkillian@charter.net> wrote:
Markus,

To my knowledge (and I owned a pair of 'em for 16 years) those resistors don't "wear out".

It's the switches that go bad.

If you buy a bag of them from Mouser online and learn how to solder/unsolder them you will never regret it.

BTW, you can also buy more long-lasting reliable switches.

However, they tend to be ones that turn on/off with a loud click.

Although the buttons on the EDP footswitch are a little prone to give out after a while (particularly on the most used buttons), they have the virtue of being nice and quiet for live performance.

My 2 cents.

Ted