Re: WHY - multiply?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Ben <benoitruelle@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> This reminds me of the first advertising from clavia "no sample
> inside" when they launch the VA hype in '95-'96 :-)
> Ben

Ha, ha... yes, I remembered that period. The tendency back the was
that producers were sick of the quantized and repetitious elements
coming form basing sound design on samples so the expectations on pure
algorithm driven engines were unrealistically high, like if that would
bring back the sonic magic of the analog era into digital gear. IMHO
that is where we are at today, but it took a lot longer time than we
hoped for in -95. And funnily sample based sound design is cool again
today.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com