Re: SXSW

I actually started a quadrennial event called Loopy Leap Year (February 29th for those not following).

Mid summer is tough because everyone in Thunder Bay goes out to camps and cottages, so draws are tricky.

As for getting to Thunder Bay - depends on how much stuff you have. If you're into flying. Get to Toronto, then you can often find $100 seat sales via Porter to TBay. Otherwise, driving from the US is good, and I'd recommend coming from Minneapolis. Either way, you'll have to drive a lot.