Re: LP-2 arrived today

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Matt Davignon wrote:
--The instructions are pretty minimal, and they don't include a
description of what the different effects are.

So glad you got your LP-2.

It took so long to get the manufacturing happening (due to circumstances
on the manufacturers side, not on Bob's side) that I haven't even had a chance
to play one yet, and Bob wanted to get them to people as soon as possible,
 so the intention is to make a video manual as soon as Bill and
I have one in our hot little hands,  which will hopefully be in the next
couple of weeks.

In the meantime,  I'd be happy to explain the functions to you or anyone
if they are mystifying.
--There are 16 effects, which are activated by 2 effects switches - 8
per switch. (This much is apparent from the photo on the website.)
Assigning the effects to the footswitch appears complicated enough
that I probably won't be doing it during a performance. To do so, you
have to enter Configuration mode, which involves either pressing a
tiny button on the back of the unit, or holding the RECORD button when
in PLAY mode.

I don't know if you saw the post I made of the very first time I used the DL-2.
Here's the URL again.

but, saliently, I used all of these switches in real time during my performance. It requires said double button presses but it's set up so that they can be accomplished in real time. Like any new instrument, you'll have to learn a few new 'moves' to get it all going, but I didn't have a problem switching between effects during a
performance.

Rick Walker