Re: Re: LP-2 has made it to market

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Matt Davignon wrote:
I went to Radio Shack to get one, but they needed to know the
amperage. Just "negative center 9v power source" was not enough info
Here's the poop on typical wall warts from my understanding:

When you get the voltage right (9v in this case) and the tip-negative
assignment correct,   you can use *any* walwart whose amperage is
*higher* than what is required and there is no damage.

so,  I believe, typically,  a walwart for this kind of thing is
anything from 300 mA up to 1000 mA (or 1 Amp)

Things that can screw you up:

1) if the tip positive or negative is incorrect
2)  if the amperage is lower than what is required
3) if the voltage is incorrect
4) if the pedal is DC instead of AC
5) if the tip fit is not tight in the socket

Otherwise,  a typical BOSS PSA 120 or a One Spot, or anything equivalent at
Radio shack  will do the trick.

Rick Walker