Re: Creating Space

ok.. one more response to this thread from me-- this one less philosophical.. perhaps more in alignment with the spirit of the thread :)

when looping, i create space by way of many methods:
some that come to mind--

-- Mute loop.

-- Stop loop.

-- Stretch loop into such a length that its rhythmic elements become abstract pads.

--Create a short static loop-- like a beat box part-  then create a very very long loop, say 32 bars but play over only the first few bars of the loop.   This way, the part looped element comes around only once in a blue moon and the remainder of the loop length can be consumed with answer call parts across multiple voices.   I particularly like this method because, undo / redo provides on the fly terrace dynamic arrangement possibilities as you layer in an layer out the calls and responses that you have recorded into the long loop.