Re: Creating Space

A quick solution for you would be to work with another guitarist :-))
A solution for this particular guitarist could to use an old fashioned
amp + cabinet rig and stand by his local instrument cabinet when
playing. That way he can hear himself a little better compared to his
instrument's level in the full PA mix (will learn to adjust to latency
by air distance though). The recording studio version of this trick
would be to sit in the same room as his cabinet and play while
regulating the balance between his own instrument and the rests of the
band mix by sliding his monitoring headphones a bit off his ears (if
needed that is, often guitar is recorded so loud that the player can
hear himself well all through the cans... might even need to use ear
plugs inside cans and crank up the monitoring headphones mix)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen