Re: Innerclock

I like the test method they describe here.

http://innerclocksystems.com/New%20ICS%20Clock%20Watch.html

I bet not all DAW software is equal in this respect (and not all
midi interfaces).

Innerclock actual have some test results if you scroll down the page.
With Live and an Edirol Interface they find a max error
of 10mS for midi clocks.

I haven't done proper tests on the LP1 clock following,
(...yet).

...but unless Ableton is actually dropping a few clocks
the LP1 *shouldn't* be drifting.
However, I *can* imagine that a particular pattern in the jitter might through off the LP1.
Or the error in timing on the source is greater than Bob predicted.

I don't know how LP1 follows clock, but it may be that beyond a certain
window of
error it just gives up...could conceivably be a quick fix for Bob
to make that window larger.

It might be worth experimenting with a different host
to see what happens. Plogue Bidule for instance.

Or try a different midi interface.

andy
(I'd be sceptical of the product...only Per beat me to it, and now Os has
chipped in it's all over. )

Phil Clevenger wrote:
Anyone have any experience using Innerclock products to better govern MIDI clock sync?
http://innerclocksystems.com/New%20ICS%20Products.html

Phil