RE: Panic Mode

Great points, Rick.

It's interesting how language reinforces this as well.  For example, in
English(american) when people are hot or cold, they'll often say, "I'm
cold." or "I'm really warm." They also say, "I'm scared."

In other languages, such as, say Ukrainian, one would say, "It's cold to
me"
or "I feel cold".  (That's how you can tell American born people that learn
Ukrainian, they'll say, in Ukrainian, "I am cold."  It's a give away that
they're thinking in English.)

My point is, to Rick's point, how we feel is not who we are at the deepest
level.  We are and can always be more.  I still get people who come up to
me
and say they remember this one performance I gave.  I had a brutal cold
that
day, but people remember the gig and how much emotion was packed into it.

Both my folks were no strangers to the stage from a musical/acting
perspective.  "The show must go on," is something that was part of my
upbringing in many ways. You commit, you do it. (Probably to the
consternation of many, as when in fourth grade, despite feeling sick in the
morning (I actually had the mumps!), I gave  a performance at a puppet show
and then AFTER went to the nurse so she could call my mom. :-) )

Having said that, there is something to the discussion we had on LD that
mentioned, "People can hear when you smile."  Check out this Zappos
training
video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3sMaH-h9M  .  I remember in a dance
troupe how we would all remind each other, before going on stage,  to smile
on stage, even when in pain, even when the dance went awry.  It was more
than looking good.  It helped to create the right impression physically.
http://bipolar.about.com/cs/humor/a/000802_smile.htm  Our bodies react to
how are faces look as do others react to our faces.  Acting is indeed what
we do when we flash a smile and fake it till we make it.  That's okay! We
are a curious, evolving mixture of acting and not acting - giving people
what they came to see, yet sharing of who we are at our cores.

We are all gifts of what we do and what we are.  Being afraid to share that
is normal.  The great news is that regardless of how the gig goes, good or
not so good, we are always way more than what people see and experience,
and
we always have the potential to share more, another glorious facet, each
time we step on stage.  For that matter, each morning we wake...