Re: Spawning musical ideas?

Just a short note on "chord changes":

I agree with Sim that if you record a sequence of chord changes as a
long loop, then it may become problematic to break free from it. But
chord changes can really be used creatively in live looping if you
rather use the looper as the instrument to create the chord changes!
With a looper that does rate shifting you can simply record one chord
and then "play the loop" by a foot pedal to change the pitch of that
loop as you please, while playing over it. With that looping technique
you can improvise both melody and chord progression simultaneously.
Here's an educational audio clip where I'm doing exactly that. Only
using a saxophone and the looper:
http://www.looproom.com/audio/Nostril_Waltz_excerpt.mp3

Per