Re: Creating a more flexible setup

Thank you Johannes!  Quite inspirational!  This comes at a critical time for me actually.  I’m about to divorce, and detach from the life I’ve been living over here, moving back to the USA.  Another thing I’d like to find out has to do with fingering exercises to strengthen the ol’ left hand, which in the past has suffered from a few wrist breakages; I’m not suffering for the playing of it – and have been advised that playing guitar is the best thing I could do to avoid future trouble with arthritis, which I haven’t developed.  But suggestions are more than welcome. Smile

Thanks again,
Stephen Goodman

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: Creating a more flexible setup

2012/2/8 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
For me it's more
about spending time with different instruments (including electronics
setups, like live looping) and explore what I am NOT capable of doing.
Then I'll do my best to avoid those areas (or make a statement by
destroying them) when making music.

I recently stumbled upon a video by Steve Vai, where he makes a similar point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atGBKuCJ-Jc&hd=1&fs=1 Develop your strengths, because that's what you're good at and what you will enjoy doing.

All the best,
Johannes