Re: Re: To those who make a living off of music

On 2/15/12 5:46 PM, richard sales wrote:

The pain of watching that started to bring it all together for me. They loved music but had torqued it into a theoretical cash cow. I realized, if they only stuck with the love it would be totally and forever rewarding.

I can't imagine how powerful that revelation could be for a teacher or professor! Yikes!
This is so true and really runs parallel with my experiences.

Everyone who calculated what they would make being a musician ended up not doing it in the long run. All the ones I know who love it more than anything seem to keep doing it.

Thanks for articulating this so beautifully, Richard.......another thoughtful piece of wisdom from you.

rick