Re: OT: Music School/Theory

Very interesting reading every one's different take  on this! Myself I
have always enjoyed both aspects of music simultaneously and to me one
doesn't diminish the other at all; (1) feeling the emotional content
of a piece (2) hearing the parts that together make up the sum that IS
the piece. And this is nothing you learn by age because my memory goes
back to 3,5 years age and I still remember what music was to me before
I even knew anything about music theory or sound design. One example
is choir music. As a child I loved hearing choir music because to my
uneducated young mind there were two general kinds of choir sounds and
I wanted to find out wich one a choir sorted under. One kind sounded
"funny and bubbling" and the other  sounded steady like an ice surface
or a polished marble floor. Today I theoretically know the difference
between a gospel choir's summed vibrato of each singer using a
different vibrato amplitude and the classical/church choir where pitch
is fixed (maybe even subtle as in Hermode Tuning).

But the fact that I now know what other people chose to call these
sonic phenomenon doesn't change my appreciation in experiencing them
by hearing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com