Re: Do We Perceive Beauty in an Unexpected Context

I saw that same FB post, and I'm sure I've come across the story before, although I can't recall where.

I think it mostly tells us that context is everything. We don't expect to hear first-rate musical performances , encounter world-class musicians, or come face to face with exquisite musical instruments worth millions of dollars in a subway station. We are conditioned that seek out those extraordinary things only in our leisure time, which is rapidly disappearing.

I wish I had time to write more, but I'm working. (See above Re: leisure time). I also wish I still had the ability to see the world through a child's eyes. I only get to do it second-hand, through my 5 (nearly 6) year old daughter. It's the best I can do.

Sucks...

Jeff