RE: Keeping your sets interesting

it is about the music. But music is _expression_ and often feel like i lack that in performance.

On Feb 28, 2012 11:18 AM, "Gareth Whittock" <buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
Thousands of people every week dance to DJ's. They're more interested in the sound than the spectacle of someone on stage and frankly, so am I.
If someone is wringing a passionate performance out of their instrument, that can be cool. I was lucky enough to see a wonderful performance from a sitar player in the back room of a clothes shop in Glastonbury last year. The guy spent about 5 minutes tuning his instrument then we all drifted into the most wonderful reverie. At the end he just smiled..
No showbiz razzmatazz just a shared musical journey. Equally I've thoroughly enjoyed DJ sets that just worked in that moment..
It's about the music isn't it? however it is presented..

Gareth Whittock, sound artist: garethwhittock.co.uk