Re: Re: Keeping your sets interesting

On 2/28/12 2:30 AM, mark francombe wrote:

Dont worry so much about being boring... just dont get bored yourself...
Great advice, Mark.

I've always told insecure live looping newbies who are playing the festival for the first time
to just play something that they think is really cool and interesting.

If you are fascinated by what you are doing, there will be others in the audience who will 'get it'.

I also tell them to make sure that they have 6 distinctive musical pieces in their 30 minute sets...... one that have distinctive beginnings and distinctive endings.........this is to keep the audience
fresh with what you are presenting.

A great exercise doing this is to set a 5 minute alarm clock up so that for 30 straight minutes, every single day, you discipline yourself to create 6 complete pieces, come hell, mistakes, or high water in exactly 30 minutes............do this everyday for 2 straight weeks without fail and just watch how
your live shows will come together very quickly.

rick walker