Re: 16 bit 48 all we need?

Im going to amaze you all by saying.. I dont know what I record at!! never bothered checking! Im just happy to save disk space, knowing Im not missing much...

Oh and Charles.. Ive been recording, mixing and releasing albums for 31 years (First album came out in 1981) And 99.9999% of the albums I have released... were on cassette !! ha ha!

Off to find another geeky hole to lure you techno-pedants down.. Muuuhah ha ha ha!!

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Actually, summing is a process by which individual (analog) outputs are
> taken from the DAW and combined externally using a fixed gain combiner
> (mixer) known as a "summing box".

Please let me note that I did not mention such analog summing in my
answer to Mark's question. I totally ment digital summing when
mentioning summing as one example of digital signal processing that
may give a better sonic result when running the software at a higher
resolution. Not meaning to be picky here, just want to keep the
discussion easy to follow ;-)

I'm all for 24/44.1 although I deliver 24/48 for film/video as
requested. I don't think the slightly better sounding DSP at 96 k (for
a few processes in Logic) weighs up for the extra work that comes with
96k.

Per

--
Mark Francombe