Re: Re: Gigs/jams in the northern US?

He's not currently active, but Miro Mantere (aka MIRO) from Poorvo (sp?) just outside of Helsinki. was the first looper to represent Finland at the Y2K International Live Looping Festival. Also, Miro booked the first international live looping gigs in Finland with Per Boysen (Sweden), myself
and a few Finns on the bill back in 2008.

He's a wonderful multi-instrumentalist who makes many of his own instruments.

check him out if you don't know him.

He was the standout at the first Looping Festival he came to.........had a fantastic set!

Rick Walker

ps hint, hint, we'd love it if you and/or Risto would represent Finland in this years 12th anniversary festival
in October (16th-23rd, Santa Cruz, San Jose, San Francisco)