Re: (Basic) Help Setting Up EDP

Sorry I don't really have anything to contribute, but I will follow this
thread with interest. I'm trying to set up a similar system with electric
and acoustic guitars through an AxeFx2. I'm trying to set up a system
where the loops are synced to the MIDI clock from the DSI Tempest--which
is still in the beta stage, so MIDI sync still has a few bugs to work out.

David Torn is a member on The Gear Page--and probably here as well, he
recommended the Rane SM82 mixer, to which he has had a couple simple mods.
I found one for around 100 dollars here in Osaka, so I picked it up and am
trying to work it into my system which is currently a single Oberheim
Echoplex--but hopefully will be a pair of EDP+s very soon.

I've got a really simple system for just my guitar and the edp now, but in
addition to guitar, I want to loop various other sounds (audio samples
etc) and need to be able to mangle those sounds through outboard
processors like MoogerFoogers and a T-Resonator. So, I'm trying to figure
out how to put everything together.

The Switchblade looks amazing, but I like having knobs and sliders like on
the Rane. It would be nice to figure out a way to have options of sending
guitar loops through a Moog Clusterflux for one song and send vocal loops
through it on another--while processing guitar loops with something else.

Just out of curiousity, do you do songs or more ambient type stuff.

I've become tired of songs and am more into beat based ambient, old trip
hop etc.