Re: Sharing album stream "Love 4 Glitch" on streamnets

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Ricky Graham <rickygrahammusic@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Cool, Per :) I like track 2!

Thank, Ricky. That track is funny because it actually is a failure. I
just couldn't get the guitar sound I wanted and as a "plan B way out
solution" turned to that heavy 16th note tremolo on the two guitar
tracks. I used an Epiphone Les Paul with Lace Alumitone humbuckers
with extremely thick strings tuned down a fourth to research how it
worked. Didn't work out as I had hoped, so now I keep that guitar with
0.10 strings at traditional pitch, which makes it "sing" and resonate
better. You really need long strings and a long neck/scale to "go
un-wimpy" at a low pitch. There also is a limit to how thick strings
will still sound good at a given scale length. Too thick strings sound
more "clunky" and we don't like that do we! The Stick I played the
bass line with on that tune has a 36" scale and that sounds perfect.
Some day I would love to pick up a guitar like the 8 stringed here:
http://www.ranguitars.com/ran_models/crusher

Listening to the Isis albums and adoring that texturizing tone. I
mean, certain instruments have a voice that no matter what complex
melodies or riffs you play on it the musical listening experience
tends to go "textural". I want to explore that. Another, very
different, example is Ron Jarzombek. He uses normal scale 7 str
guitars I think but builds them himself. Anyway, when he plays those
twelve tone based super fast runs it comes out very textural.

Take a deep breath 'cauze they are ugly like hell:
http://www.ronjarzombek.com/gtrs.html
and here's how they sound:
http://youtu.be/jpoL0QBKxHA

Not to mention Robert Smith...