Re: Re: loops with a drummer?

On 4/3/12 1:24 PM, Teddy Kumpel wrote:
The purpose of my post was to ask everyone if they knew a better technical
way to feed a click to the drummer. I've been using the RC-50 for a while
now and it's been fun, but I want more possibilities from the looper side
of things. Is there a piece of gear that is not an RC-50 or a laptop that
will do this (I already know how to do it with either of those things).
Maybe the LP-1?
As long as you have a midi looper, you can always syncrhonize a drum machine with whatever sound you want as a click (I prefer a lo agogo on the quarter note and a high agogo, much quieter on whatever the subdivision of the 'Sub-Pulse" is
(8ths, triplet 8ths, 16ths, triplet 16ths)

then send only the mono out to the drummer making sure that they can
set their own headphone or monitor levels.

In fact, I would only have them wear headphones as the audience will hear the
metronome sound otherwise.

rick walker