From: RP Collier [skeptikalist@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:21 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Mobius Baffling Phase 3

On Apr 14, 2012, at 12:21 AM, Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:

The CC value that is sent seems to change according to
the physical pedal and not the note assigned (I assigned the same note
value to two pedals and got different CCs depending on which pedal I
pressed).

Did someone say there is a chip that eliminates this problem on the FCB.

Below is stuff from the FCB yahoo list.

BobC

>>>If you’re using an NOTE only patches be aware that the FCB1010 will send out CC#0 regardless of whether you have it ticked or not. That’s the “tap tempo” function. Which if you look it up, may be where your “pitch bend” CC is coming from...If you also have MERGE enabled on the FCB1010, disable it, OR the FCB1010
will turn around and send ALL that data back to Live. From the sound of the
Mute buttons flashing, that sounds like MERGE is enabled.

If you send notes on where the time between presses is less than 1270ms, you
get a tap tempo CC message.<<<<

>>>I have had awesome success using the FCB1010 with Ableton Live. It may not be necessary, but the consensus seems to be that the UnO e-prom upgrade fixes lots of issues with the FCB1010 so I went ahead and upgraded to it. Have never had any issues so I recommend it.

I purchased the UnO e-prom chip and installed that. It can be found here:http://www.ossandust.be/index.php

I also use the Ripwerx editor to do the actual programming of the pedal - it is simpler. That tool can be found here:
http://www.ripwerx.com/
<<<<

----

>>Without changing the firmware you can also specify a global channel for the NOTE and only react to that channel, or you can remap the global CC’s to send to an unused channel. Either one will work as well.

I do believe if you put a UnO chip in you can disable the Tap Tempo….<<<<