Re: is there anything that can loop a CD?

for sure, many of the DJ style cd players have loop functions on them.  I
just bought a Stanton C.502 dual cd player (rackmount style with separate
'controller' interface), and it has looping points on it.  I only bought
the unit for cueing canned CD tracks for a dance performance, but I saw
the fun factor in the looping function right away.  Most of my library is
digitzed/mp3's now, so I don't use CD's too much anymore, but I did have
the idea of making 5-10 cd's up with loops and samples on them, and just
do DJ style looping back and forth between the decks.

a former list member (r.i.p) Dr. Zvonar did an absolutely killer looping
CD set about 10 years ago at a Looping festival, with a couple of CD
players going into a bank of H3000 Harmonizers, if I remember correctly.
It was super cool, seeing someone just create the craziest wall of sound,
and he was just tossing CD's back and forth into the trays as his source
material.