Re: Live/Mobius Detente

What a great piece, thank you Jeff for the information density :)

SO it sounds to me like what I have going is kind of a successful cheat... fooling the host with my double NoteOn scheme. This allows me to map to any of the exposed params of the Echoloop VST using Ableton's MIDI Learn model, and I guess that means the specific note sent for any given command is meaningless - I just need to map a switch to a function via Learn. This would explain certain behavioral anomalies, for instance, I've been puzzled as to why the Echoloop VST responds to controller commands no matter what incoming MIDI channel I've designated in the VST.

It also sounds like the better way to do this would be to send the specifically proscribed EDP/Echoloop MIDI Note commands unmolested from the controller directly to the plugin; this is I think what Per and Ricky were advocating with their solution from before. I will try that again this evening...

Super helpful info, many thanks Jeff :)

Phil :)