Deconstructing LP1 LoopBegin and Quantize replace issues

Like you Phil I have had mixed results using my DAW clock to midi Sync my LP-1, If I'm doing normal loops and I'm using the technique of pre arming the tracks by hitting a play stop command as I move to each new track (and I'm aware for where my 1st loop start point is when recording my next track) things will stay pretty stable, though i might get some drift over time. When using multiple tracks of quantize replace, its much more difficult for them all to stay synced to an external clock source, i suspect because the very nature of the technique has timing considerations due to the slight delay while the microprocessor is initiating the command, add those milliseconds up when you keep building a track using this technique and what you thought was your downbeat pulse is no longer. Its also so easy to get carried away in the process of creating the note sequences that one simply forgets where that loop point really is. Compound that with creating multiple tracks of this stuff and wanting it all to slave and be hunky dory with your DAWs midi clock is a tall order. One thing I have found to be true is i get better clock results if I mute tracks rather than stopping and starting them, and group commands where multiple tracks are being turned stopped and restarted only serve to create further midi clock drift if it is acting as the slave . Also if I'm in doubt of my downbeat on a track as relates to the master clock track, stopping it, and restarting it by initiating a replace command (yep, if a track is pre armed and stopped, you can restart it with a replace command) can help to realign the two tracks to some degree. lastly i've worked hard at learning to initiate Q replace commands on the beat that anticipates the beat i want to replace so if i have a quantize replace factor of 16th I'll initiate my command a little a head of schedule on the 16th beat to have it arrive on the 1.
Bill