Re: Live's Looper Volume vs. Input and Doubling

oh, I get it now. Thanks, Per. I actually don't need the Utility plugin. I can lower the volume of the Send track (looper) and still hear the output of my live instrument.

Kris

-----Original Message----- From: Per Boysen
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 11:28 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Live's Looper Volume vs. Input and Doubling

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Boise Creative & Improvised Music
Festival <krispen.hartung@gmail.com> wrote:
However, this is the issue. I want to be able to loop my live music, and
then lower or increase the volume of the loop output. The only way I can do this, since the Looper doesn't have a volume parameter, is to assign my a CC
to the track volume that the looper is in.

Hi Kris,

There is a better way: Slap a Utility plugin on the track after the
Looper and assign your external CC# to the Utility plugin's Gain
parameter.

However, when I lower the volume,
it also lowers the volume of my live instrument, that is being fed into the
looper track.

Solution: do not monitor through the Looper plugin. In the Looper
plugin, set "Input --> Output" to "Never".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen