Re: Distortion problem

I did some more experiments and I don´t understand it at all:
The distortion-problem I described appeared at the following knob
positions: Input 10 o´clock, output 9 o´clock=green Input light but,
output distorted
Now I changed the positions to: Input 8,5 o´clock, output 2 o´clock. In
this combination I have no distortion, though the Input Indicator is
mostly orange.
I don´t understand how these knobs interact. Can someone explain me that?