Little mixer and FX suggestions

Hello guys!

I saw from your videos that probably many of you in their performances use little mixers.
I wonder about which one would you suggest me.
In this moment I really cannot imagine how many devices could I need to connect, so I was thinking about a 8 to 12 max channels.
But also I was wandering about effects. I will need effects to make the sounds of my loops (especially for the voice but also for the other things) less raw.
The Roland RP-7 vocal harmonizer (still waiting for it to arrive) only has echo and reverb if I remember well, and I hope of good quality enough for little live performances :)
I am also getting a used Digitech Vocal 300 to add more strange effects, monster voices etc. But it also has more classical effects like delay echo and reverb and compressor. Not sure about the quality but I guess enough for what I have to do.
Do you think the same or you suggest me to get something with more quality effects?
In this case, would a mixer with effects be a good choice?
But, with or without effects, which brand/model would you suggest?
I can easily get here the Beringer Xenyx ones used for cheap. Some of them have got compressor and 24 bit effects. Others only the 24 bit effects or not 24 bit effects.
Then for more I can get I can get the Allen & Heath ZED 10 (and 10fx).
Also I see many offers for the Mackie 1402 VLZ and VLZ Pro, plus some opther Mackie ones.
And the Soundcraft EPM 6 and 8 or maybe some more model.

Suggestions?