Re: Looper for minimal music

Is this for live performance, or a composition?

If you're looking to make a composition, what you're talking about
would be very easy to do with basic audio editing / multitracking
software.

I did something vaguely similar a few weeks ago. (I didn't have all
the variations play simultaneously.) I took the original recording of
"Four Organs" by Steve Reich, and remade it using time-stretch. I took
the first 2 notes and time stretched them repeatedly, to show how
that's different to how the organs are played in the original. I then
layered the notes back on the original shaker loop. The results can be
heard here:
http://ribosomematt.podomatic.com/entry/2012-04-25T07_40_28-07_00
You have to either hear the full radio show, or fast forward to
1:43:10, where the final "Four Organs" mix begins.

Andreas Berg <berg@brainticket.de> was like:

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com