Re: EchoLoop in Live -- any lick MIDI mapping with the FCB1010?

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Kris Hartung <krispen.hartung@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well, I'm trying. I cleared all MIDI mapping to the looper in Live. I
> created a MIDI track which gets its data from my FCB via my RME Fireface
> 400
> MIDI In. Then I sent the output of that MIDI track to the Aux B track
> that
> is hosting the looper.  I also set my Record button on the FCB to Note
> #38.
> The looper still isn't responding.

WRONG-G-G!!!! (sharp *bell hit* alarm sound)

Live can't pipe MIDI into stuff placed on effect return tracks. Here's
how to do it:

1) Insert EchoLoop on a MIDI Track.
2) Set that MIDI track to listen to your FCB.
3) Set that MIDI track to "Monitor = In".
4) Bring in your audio instrument live signal input through an Audio Track.
5) Set that Audio Track to "Monitor = In".
6) Set that Audio Track to "Audio To = Sends Only".
7) Send from that Audio Track to "A Return".
8) For "A Return" set "Audio To = the MIDI track hosting EchoLoop".
9) Loop ahead! :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com