Re: Cheap sampler

This was true for if I remember correctly the 2nd generation of Emu sampler (EII, and either Emax or EmaxII, and everything from the EIII onward, including the ESi-32). The Emax (and EII) had another fab feature, and that's analogue filters. However, Emu also did a good job in recreating proper filter sounds, especially in everything post-Morpheus (and that's true for all samplers and sample players post-EIII/ESi-32/Morpheus).

         Rainer

Per Boysen schrieb:
"that the one with the fab variable startpoint" must be the Emax. You
could record a vocal sample and then slide the playback loop, sliding
both start point and loop point but with keeping the set loop range
between them. If sliding the loop forward through the sample you hear
the voice with a robotic sound to it but you could also slide it
backwards or just freeze one part of the sample.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM, mark francombe