Free One-Man-Band Recording

http://soundcloud.com/mike-fugazzi/carolina-blues

I am still very green to this whole recording thing, but here is a "finished" version of the song, "Carolina Blues". The vocals and lead harp sounds were recorded live to the looped tracks. I added the dirty harp sounds later.

This is NOT the previously shared version. I re-did everything to get the loops on separate tracks. The first part of the solo had a bit too much clipping, which I tweaked by the outro solo, but rather than mess with this song more, I though I'd share the demo and move on to something else.

I used Loopy HD on my iPad 2 to record the loops.  I then exported them to my laptop and created the tracks from there so I could mixed the looped parts - beatbox, rotary harmonica, rhythm harmonica, and bass - in Audacity.  Live, I could this this exact song with my Boomerang III in mono minus the dirty harmonica, which required changing my Sansamp settings and mike.

If you dig the tune, or have specific advice about the recording/mix, that would be appreciated.

The track is available for free download to anyone who likes my artist page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/MikeFugazzi/Music) or is signed up for my newsletter (www.mikefugazzi.com...scroll to the bottom of the homepage) tomorrow.

I've already started another song using a better hardware setup and Reaper rather than Audacity. I'd like to work more with VST effects rather than doing everything live via the M13.  I am working with the people from Boomerang Music and SPAH to try and get them a demo room during the week so people can check out the Rang.  I'll have my iPad and Loopy HD with me for anyone interested in checking that out...not sure how much gear I can fit in my suitcase, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com