Re: Fripp news (Mellotron)

On Sep 11, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Christophe wrote:

Ah, the Mellotron!  ....so I just settled for listening until softsynths came along, when I picked up a program called M-Tron which is a great Mellotron emulation that I've had tons of fun with.

Indeed!  I got a copy of that program last year and it is GREAT!  Offers even more than just Mellotron sounds but those Mellotron sounds themselves are GREAT!  Very realistic, etc.

Unfortunately though, last winter I wound up with a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit and I wasn't able to get M-Tron to successfully install on it,

Macs rule! (Yes, I have always used Macs and love 'em :-) )   Works great with a Mac and updates are available if you have the registration. PCs too, if you have the registration.

Also, did you drag the M-Tron library folder from your desktop into the program after the disc had loaded? It's been a long time now, but I think that is what I had to do complete the process.
Worth trying anyway. You won't eff anything up if there's still no sounds, but at that point you may have to just go ahead and buy the latest version that will be compatible for your PC.
(or buy a Mac.....hee hee!)