Re: Performing at school Friday, random wave of low confidence has struck again

My advice to you is, go ahead and play! Be sure to look confident without pride nor arrogance. Make a brief hello and I'd like to share my music, then dive right in. The cardinal rule is, PLAY THROUGH ALL BAD NOTES!! Most in the audience will not notice. If you show anxiety, the audience will sense it and devalue your performance. Chin up, back straight, a mischevious smile, and do not be afraid to poke fun at yourself if you want. Audiences love self-deprecation, if not overly obvious. You'll do just fine. 90% of it is just showing up, looking happy , and play. The legendary Joe Meek always made his musicians smile. Even without a window from the control room to the studio, he claimed to be able to hear if the talent was not smiling. Go figure. I think his record sales says it all. I'd wish you good luck, but you don't need it. Being a little nervous makes you just like everybody else. The time to woory is when you do not feel a little edgy.
Rig

From: Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:11 AM
Subject: Re: Performing at school Friday, random wave of low confidence has struck again

Kaylon, keep going.  Its all easy advice (something u should take
minimally in life :) ) to give hard to receive as your anxiety and
insecurities are high.  Still it was your inner muse and true self
that scheduled the date so follow it through.  It will be okay.  Do
some closed eyes steadying of the hands visualizations to clame the
physical (info shared to me years ago when had a period of perform
anx) which can share more on if interest.  Do the date, don't look
back and focus on creating the loops and the musIc within.  This list
is here for you as they say.

Jim

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
*jimgoodin.com* <http://jimgoodin.com> - 'Acoustic guitar renaissance,
color blue, repetitive minimalism'

*The Recordings of Wood and Wire Music*<http://woodandwiremusic.bandcamp.com> -
'Organically inspired New Music'

*From Brooklyn To Glindran <http://jimgoodinpeterthorn.bandcamp.com>*, a
new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds from
this CD will benefit *JDRF International <http://jdrf.org>*

*Tips Across the
Waters<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tips-across-the-waters/id474128076?mt=8>
*, a new app for iOS from James Goodin/Wood and Wire Ware.