Re: Balancing out your practice

a question.....has LOOPING helped you in becoming more proficient at playing your instrument?

my BFF mark sez: "but play loads of instuments so you can make a sound... quite often, thats all you need! One jab at a cello in the right place, one blast of a trumpet or sax... a few notes of blues harp..."  now i agree with mark's statement but i often wonder after having looped for way too many years, would i play guitar any "better" if i had not become ADDICTED to looping.....please don't get me wrong, i have learned a lot about "MUSIC", harmony, scales, etc. and more abstract ideas like what sounds fit together, dynamics, timing, etc.....but at the end of the day, do i play my main instrument any better?.....could i sit down with just my axe and give an audient 31 minutes of goodness?

better yet, questions like this are better not asked.....just go and play!