RE: OT: Vocoders...

The VoiceTone product I have have the best harmonies over ALL the Digitech or Roland product I have tried. ANd I love their megaphone and telephone effect.
Said that, I am not really an expert so I can just talk for what I had in my hands.
I suppose the monophonic vocoders, if the VoiceTone is such, are so because it is made for vocalist who do not play any instrument. THis is true also for the V256. Both have an internal synth which generate the vocoder synth part while you sing, even without any other instrument.
I like that, because I do not play any instrument.

THe voice box is older and the vocoder function in it is more limited then the v256 one, but luckily you can find there a place like thomann (30 days money back guarantee, you try it, and send back the one you do not like).
:)