Re: Congratulations

On Nov 7, 2012, at 9:17 AM, bill bigrig wrote:

Yah boy!!! Up here in the "Pacific Northwest"' the "weed" question was resoundingly approved. Makes me kind of happy that I did and still do, live in the "Evergreen State". Naturally "legal" does not mean that I can blow off drug testing at work, on the desert side of the Cascade Mountains there is a significantly greater % of "dittoheads". Send us the Feds! When they come to bust our chops over "weed", we'll get them all jacked up at StarBucks, then show them what "trickle down" actually means! Naturally, they can go east back across the mountains where the desert will dry them off. We can put them out at the Hanford Plutonium factories for a "microwave enhanced" quick dry. Rig, out.

Personal Soap Box Dept.-

The issue of marijuana being voted for legalization at the STATE level is definitely a good thing and way far better than Prohibition ever dreamed of being, but there still remains the LONG time issue and problem at the FEDERAL level where it ridiculously remains, and after around *7O years* at least, as being considered a Schedule One / Class A Narcotic, right along with heroin and cocaine, which of course is totally ABSURD and NOT based on anything other that just having an "excuse" to keep it illegal. One (there are others...) major hypocrisy to all of this is that there has also always been a Federal TAX on marijuana, and a tax that if it was paid to the Federal gov't, suddenly and "magically" it made it "OK" to possess weed (aka-"narcotic") to the Feds...UNTIL the STATE itself came AFTER someone for being in violation of state laws prohibiting it's possession, and use, and of course, sales. Catch 22! Anyone see any hypocrisy here? Naw. Not a chance of that, right? Pfft!

This will be one of several challenges to Obama who has said in the past that he is NOT in favor of legalization. Will he now have a different opinion and view on that or will he turn against States Rights in this matter? It remains to be seen what he does, or maybe he'll just finally tell his pal Atty General Eric Holder to back off and to devote Holder's time and efforts to more important things, like let's say those other "other" things like meth manufacturers and dealers, and crack, and lunatics stockpiling caches of high powered weapons and home grown anti-gov't "terrorists", White Collar Criminals, major polluters, millionaire and billionaire tax evaders and so on. The list is pretty long....

And also, be aware that VP Joe Biden has been for a FEW DECADES now, one of the KEY players in the failed and monumentally wasteful "War On Drugs" and is also credited for creating the official national position known as a "Drug Czar" ("Czar"? WTF?) and even WORSE, he is also directly responsible for the creation of the so-called Anti-Drug Proliferation Act which mandates a possible TWENTY YEAR SENTENCE for any club owners, concert promoters (including "Raves"), and more disturbingly, even any just REGULAR PEOPLE who have parties in THEIR PRIVATE HOMES where it is discovered by law enforcement authorities who came inside that ANY "drug use" had taken place there and that "drug use" also includes WEED. How many of you ever knew about any or all of this?

And then there are the other VERY serious issues of continuing drone (aka-chicken shit) warfare that kills a LOT of innocent people in other countries including CHILDREN, and also the spying on US citizens, and also the "assassination list" (or whatever the hell it is known as?) which gives the President the legal authority to go after just about anyone for "termination", and this includes any US CITIZENS, that outside US territory and that are deemed to be a bad enough "threat" to the USA and having them killed WITHOUT any hope for a trial and / or due process etc. I personally don't give a rat's ass about the life of any scum bag that is set on killing a lot of innocent people for any damned "cause" or whatever, but things like trials, due process etc, I think to my knowledge are made pretty clear in the US Constitution, aren't they?

But for the record, I did cast my vote for Obama anyway, but ONLY with some serious reservations concerning all of the above for doing so, along with the fact this is race was to be one of the CLOSEST in American history and that (his full name) Willard Mitt Romney, who was massively bankrolled some of the WORSE uber wealthy pigs on the planet, would have been MUCH worse and would have REALLY accelerated and messed things up for years, and maybe even DECADES to come, along with being given the authority to try to appoint certain future right wing fascist assholes as Justices on the Supreme Court who are appointed FOR LIFE. And, do not forget that it is the current right wing-stacked Supreme Court that infamously decided the Citizen's United case which FLUNG OPEN the doors for the "person hood" of major corps(es) to able to "donate" UNLIMITED amounts of money to candidates of their choice in ANY and ALL American political campaigns that they chose to. This goes right along with what has previously been established that MONEY used in such matters is now considered a "form" of "free speech". I guess that means that some people can now have MORE so-called "free speech" than others can, right? Wow! Now, that's really some
astounding "true Democracy in action"!  Is this still "our" gov't now?

But, just think about WHO ELSE that Mittens could maybe have seated on the Supreme Court and what ELSE they might have ushered in? I still remember Mittens RMoney openly saying on camera during his campaign to someone that "Corporations are people, my friend!". What a slimy, oily, self-serving, power hungry prick. But, I doubt he will ever try to run for prez again. He's tried before and thankfully always failed. But, I also wouldn't be surprised if one of his very kreepy SONS tries next time, particularly Tagg RMoney who makes me cringe!

However, one funny and TRUE note about Romney: His first name really IS "Willard"...just like that EVIL RAT in those "Willard" rat horror movies from years ago.
Is this a "coincidence"?  Think about it....:-)  Heh!

OK...Soap Box Dept. Rant mode OFF.   Have a nice day!  (and beyond...!)

PS- For those who may not be aware of the meaning of the old term "Soap Box":
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soapbox

Cheers-
Rev.Fever
Portlandia