Re: Echoloop in Mulch problems

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> On a related note. (IE: getting shit to work) Maybe directed to Per, how
> do
> I get tempo information BACK INTO the GR55 (for slicer and delay sync)
> from
> a software source (assuming I get all the above working...)

MIDI Clock.

I do like this: pop a USB cable into the laptop and the GR-55. In
Mobius I set the looper to use that MIDI Port as the "Plugin Output
Device" (together with the IAC Bus that slaving software on the laptop
follows). I did not notice a setting in the GR-55 to switch it between
master and slave sync mode so I guess it just fell in right by its own
devices.

The method above should work with a MIDI cable too, but I prefer USB
cables because I can keep a bunch of them gaffer taped to a MIDI Hub
that I plug into the lappy for fast setting up.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen