Re: Tennis Elbow--could be pinched ulnar nerve?

Wow, good thread, and timely, as I have been dealing with this and other
issues lately. I've had shoulder pain for over a year now, finally got an
MRI and it turns out I have a torn labrum, tendentious, arthritis, etc.
but in the course of all that I had a nerve test (EMG), where they send
shocks through individual nerves to see which nerves are pinched or
impeded.

It turns out, the ulnar nerves (where tennis elbow comes from) in both
elbows are pinched. I've had a sore left elbow for years, from guitar
playing, etc and this explains it. I've been having physical therapy for
both shoulder and elbow, and it has helped. they also gave me stretches
for it, bending the fingers all the way back and holding for 30 seconds,
then all the way forward and hold for same, then flossing the nerve, where
you bend fingers back, then forward repeatedly free up the nerve. Having
them massage the median nerve (above the elbow, this branches off into the
ulnar nerve at the elbow) is good also. It HURTS at first (usually the
first sign there is a problem), then feels better with time.

Worth investigating, and good luck!

Paul
http://paulsullivan.com