Re: Tennis Elbow

by the way,  about the use of ice:

You have to be very, very careful with ice packs.
Both my Western Physician and my Chinese Acupuncturist gave me this advice
independent of each other: Do not ice for more than 20 minutes at a time.

You can damage muscle tissue and nerves by over freezing.

I've also heard this advice which is contrary to a recent post where someone's doctor said 'never heat'.

Ice until the injury starts to be manageable and then you can alternate ice with heat: The theory proposed there is that ice reduces swelling and when appropriate, heat brings
blood (and with it, the rebuilding components of the body).

I'd say, though, in the final analysis, that you should get a good physician or alternate healer
and stick with one set of advice about it all.

Rick