Re: Ableton Live 9 demo video

Yes, but there is one new feature in this Live update: conversion of
an audio recording into polyphonic MIDI data. This means you can throw
a sound sample of the Moonlight Serenade intro at it and receive a
MIDI file with all the playing parts. You still would have to patch up
the appropriate sound for the parts of course to play it back as MIDI.

But that's not so exciting. What I think is very, very exciting in
this is not the software Live but the physical controller instrument
Push. To me this instrument brings a much more efficient way of
playing electronic instruments compared to the traditional piano style
controller. The EWI still rules for shredding and intonation sensitive
melody playing, but for chord work and poly rhythmic multi part
playing I think this Push thing will be fantastic. I noticed that in
its chromatic mode the pad tapping patterns are the same as when
playing on a Chapman Stick's guitar side fretboard with your right
hand.

The Push demo starts at 33 minutes into this video.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen