Re: new tc electronic looper

On Jan 9, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:

But if TC did a Ditto+ (it doesn't even need to be a "Ditto Pro"), I could easily see shifting to it. My feature list:

* Stereo — they can go to the size of the Flashback and other Tone Print pedals.

* Feedback control — two knobs instead of one. (I can think of interesting uses for more knobs in a Flashback pedal sized device, but I'm trying to stay minimal.)

* Exiting record closes the loop on the press but overdubs until the release. Or they need a switch to control whether record goes into play or overdub.

* Something Brother Sync like so that I can hook up a couple of these. (Even cooler if they had other pedals that also could connect on a sync buss. MIDI works but MIDI cables are awkwardly big.)

Now put that against TC's stated goals: "The guitar player's looper" and "Dirt Simple Looping".

If they can bother with stereo on their Tone Print pedals, it clearly doesn't skew against those goals.

Feedback is clearly viewed by pedal manufacturers as a more esoteric control though it doesn't seem to be a problem on delay pedals. It is, however, the feature that gets dropped on delays when looking for simplicity. So, while I would like a knob, I could understand burying the control.

Brother Sync is a totally esoteric feature that goes against the simplicity goals. But it could be a jack that goes unused in the simple case so it isn't antithetical to it. It's more a matter that it adds cost to the product for a feature that won't appeal to the target market (but might help sell more pedals by making it worthwhile to own two or more looper pedals).

Mark