Moving with the Light Saturday -- A Concert and Movement Jam

Hi folks,

Moving with the Light is a monthly event at which improvised movement, music, and video interact as equals -- each responding to and respectful of the others. The event happens on the third Saturday of every month at 119 Gallery in Lowell. 119 Gallery is the nicest space I've ever performed at and has a movement--friendly hardwood floor.

The next event will happen Saturday Jan 19 at 8 PM, and will include

Doctor T. - Video (See samples at http://www.youtube.com/Tobenfeld)

with two long-time collaborators

Glynis Lomon, cello, aquasonic and voice
Rick Scott, keyboard

and YOU -- movement. All styles and skill levels welcome.

The musicians will play improvised music suitable for contact improvisation and other forms of gentle movement, while I improvise imagery and all three of us react to the dancers as well as to each other.

Jan 19 at 8:00 PM
119 Gallery
119 Chelmsford St
Lowell, MA 01851
978-452-8138
http://www.119gallery.org/

Five minutes from the Lowell Connector, with ample on-street parking and an amazing Cambodian restaurant next door.
10 minute walk from the T, but you will need a ride back.

If you need a ride or can offer one, please email me and I will try to hook you up.

Sliding scale -- suggested donation $10.00

--
-- Emile

If you can walk, you can surely DANCE

My photography can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/collections/72157603627170351/