Re: How to properly train "live" looping at home?

Some non tech tips:

A very good thing to learn is to make one loop and then keep changing
it in a way that you create music that evolves in a flow that makes it
interesting to listen to. The shorter the loop the easier it is to
change it quickly enough. Never become boring! Rather make a less
planned quick change than just stay inactive while your music
approaches the dangerous "boring-zone".

An important aspect is to balance the two musical lines: the line you
are performing with your audio input and the line you are creating in
the looper (partially derived from your audio input). Two lines is
well enough for highly interesting music to occur, you may for example
create a "questions and answers game" between the two lines. Just one
idea, there are several others. Just do not record and keep playing
over the recording, that's a one way ticked to the boredom-zone.

Try to tell a story with looping instead of building a piece in the looper.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen