Doctor T in February and March

Hi folks,

I've got a very busy February and two very special events in March.

February 16 is my next "Moving with the Light" Concert and Dance Jam at 119 Gallery in Lowell, with music by Eric Crawley, Harpejji, and Dave Bryant, keyboards and YOU -- movement -- All styles and skill levels welcome. Moving with the Light is a monthly event at which improvised movement, music, and video interact as equals -- each responding to and respectful of the others.

The musicians will play improvised music suitable for contact improvisation and other forms of gentle movement, while I improvise imagery and all three of us react to the dancers as well as to each other.

February 17 is my next Visual Music Live event at Outpost 186 in Cambridge, featuring The OUTPOST Band
Doctor T -- Video mixing
Eric Zinman --Drums (that's right drums, not piano)
Andrea Pensado -- Electronics and voice
Michael Bloom  -- Table Guitar and bouzouki
Rick Scott -- Keyboard

Improvisation to the outer limits. Expect the unexpected-:)

Feb 22 - 24 is Walter Wright's renowned XFest at 119 gallery -- an event not to be missed by fans of improvised music and media. I'll be performing during 3 or 4 of the Friday evening sets, and there will be movement by Andrew Duncan. and other dancers. Andrew blew my mind with his dancing to my video at the last "Moving with the Light" event.

http://www.119gallery.org/?p=9518

March 9 brings Visual Music Live to Outpost 186, with old friend and very special guest David Rothenberg

Doctor T video mixing

featuring guest artist

David Rothenberg -- Nature Samples, Laptop, and Clarinet

and regular collaborators

Eric Crawley -- harpejji and Electronics
Tom Mungenast -- Electric Guitar, Electric Sitar, and Electronics

ECM recording artist David Rothenberg has performed and recorded on clarinet with Jan Bang, Scanner, Glen Velez, Karl Berger, Peter Gabriel, Ray Phiri, and the Karnataka College of Percussion. He has twelve CDs out under his own name, including "On the Cliffs of the Heart," named one of the top ten releases of 1995 by Jazziz magazine and "One Dark Night I Left My Silent House," a duet album with pianist Marilyn Crispell, called "une petite miracle" by Le Monde and named by The Village Voice one of the ten best CDs of 2010. Rothenberg is the author of Why Birds Sing, book and CD, published in seven languages and the subject of a BBC television documentary. He is also the author of numerous other books on music, art, and nature, including Thousand Mile Song, about making music with whales, and Survival of the Beautiful, about aesthetics in evolution. Last spring he released a book and CD called Bug Music, featuring the sounds of the entomological world. You'll hear some of them tonight.

I will also have a solo show of my photography and video art at 119 gallery, Mar 19 - Apr 13. The show will feature sumptuous 22 x 12 prints from my Swirlies sequence. Some images from this sequence can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/sets/72157626713121989/

--
"I rang a silent bell ..."  -- Robert Hunter
"... cast your dancing spell my way, I promise to go under it" -- Bob Dylan

My photography can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/collections/72157603627170351/