Re: Re: Realistic drum programming/recording for songs

On 2/5/2013 1:07 AM, andy butler wrote:
Rick Walker wrote:

1) Midi only has 127 increments of velocity.

As I understand it there's also limits to timing accuracy
and the need to play along to a click track when recording.

andy
*This is true, and just as with all looping devices, each one has a certain latency that one has
to learn in order to be accurate, rhythmically.
Each software package has different latencies.

If you record enough, you get a good sense for playing with slightly different latencies and
it helps your over all sense of time and timing.

That's why I always say that playing with looping devices has done more to help my own sense of time and timing than playing with all the click tracks and master drummers from around the world
that I've been blessed to have played with.

/R.
*