Re: Atmospheric post rock track

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Philip Conway
<Philip.Conway@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> Very nice indeed.  A very full and complex sound without becoming mushy
> or
> busy.  The AxeFX does sound great.  Did you do much mixing on the track
> or
> is that pretty much just the output of the AxeFX (plus the drums)?

There are two guitars in this piece. Only one was played through the
AxeFx, the second guitar that enters at 2:00 by doubling the first
guitar and then at 2:40 takes off into melody playing. I simply
recorded what came out of the AxeFx with effects "as part of the
instrument" (live played with expression pedal) and nothing were added
in the mix. So the AxeFx really is "everything in the box". A
maximally fast recording tool given you have the required experience
to make the correct decision on what effects to record with. But you
can always "play it safe" by recording both outputs from the AxeFx;
one is with effects and the other is just a clone of the guitar's
pickup output, intended for future re-amping.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen