Re: Any decent Midi/USB keyboards these days? (37keys/aftertouch; Sculpture)

Het Buzzy - have you considered Push? It will be out on March 5. An
early tester at Ableton forum said:

"I just tried the latest pads from Akai. I am biased, but I have a
studio that is filled with velocity sensitive products, and these are
the most sensitive pads I have ever played, while still retaining the
solid feel of Akai pads. This is obviously subjective, so I encourage
you to try these pads side by side with anything else on the market
yourself."

Videos up at https://www.ableton.com/en/push/

But maybe you are trained on the traditional chromatic piano styled
keyboard? Then you should of course stick with that. You should ask
for weight keys in the music store to get the best playing action in a
MIDI keyboard. I learned that from classically trainde colleges. For
me, coming from a guitar background, the Push with its chromatic pads
layout seems very attractive. Especially since the last three years of
Stick playing have taught me a better attack accuracy in finger
tapping (the reason trained piano players want weight keys). And since
I recently started using virtual electronic instruments with loads of
layers and note based control over many octaves I'm not very happy
with my trusty old microKONTROL. It has three octaves plastic mini
keys. When playing note/switch sampler patches I have to program its
drum buttons to send the exact MIDI notes to switch. A full keyboard
(or preferably PUSH) would be so much faster.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen